Are you marketing to the same people over and over again? Or are you trying to hit your target audience at different times of the day, week, or year? Do you know exactly which channels lead to the best conversions and ROI for your business? If you want to learn how data science can optimise your marketing automation and help improve conversion then read on.
What is Data Science?
Data science is the process of extracting insights from data and using those insights to inform business decisions. It’s a rapidly growing field that combines computer science, statistics, and a variety of other disciplines to solve business problems. These include predictive modelling, business/operational analytics, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. If you’re lucky (like us!) you’ll have a data scientist who can think outside the box to solve problems. They’re often able to identify patterns and connections that others miss. A data scientist must have the ability to work with a wide variety of data types. This can include structured data (e.g. financial information) and unstructured data (e.g. images). Data scientists must also understand the difference between what can be automated and what must be done manually.
Why Is Important to combine Data Science with your Marketing Automation?
The best marketing campaigns are the ones that are relevant and effective for every single person on your email list. You don’t want to try to reach everyone with the same message or offer; you want to be able to target specific demographics, interests, and psychographics with the right message. The only way to do this is to use data to drive your marketing automation. The best way to integrate data science into your marketing is to start by looking at the data you already have. Quite often clients don’t have a clear picture on this, and there may be many different pots of data to assess. Once we have all data sources, we can run an audit and use this to start developing a data driven strategy.
3 Ways Data Science Drives Marketing Automation Success
– Identify and target customers based on their value. Do you know who your most valuable customers are? Who buys from you regularly with the highest spend? This is a very good starting place to start driving more revenue from your loyal customers. The next step is targeting those slightly less engaged customers and encouraging them to become more loyal.
– Use advanced predictive analytics to test and understand patterns. You need a decent sized database to run this kind of work, really a minimum of 20K customers. Over time as we work with your data and learn from our campaigns, we can add an additional product purchasing layer over the value based segmentation. Increasing your conversion rate even further.
– Have the right segments to target. Not many smaller businesses have the money to afford a data scientist, when actually most businesses just want to know which segments to target. These segments can be used for email marketing, social, ppc and website targeting too. We work with you to understand your objectives and current marketing activity, then we run the data to give you the right segments to target and improve your conversion. Bringing affordable data science methodology to smaller businesses.
2 Steps To Incorporate Data Science In Your Marketing Automation Strategy
– Identify the data sources. This means that you need to figure out where your data is coming from. You can get data from your website, email campaigns, social media posts, and more. You need to identify where the data is coming from and how you can use it to inform your marketing automation.
– Decide which data is important to your business. So often businesses have too much data and it’s very difficult to find the gold. Using data science enables you to find the silver and keep testing and learning until it turns to gold. Once you’ve done these two things, you can be sure that your data science will drive your marketing automation success.
Marketing automation is crucial to growing your business, but you can really make a difference when you incorporate data science. Without data science, you can be flying blind, hoping your campaigns are reaching the right people and you’re sending the right messages. Data science gives you the knowledge you need to drive results and make your marketing automation successful.
If you want to find out how your business can benefit from an affordable data science driven strategy, get in touch for a complimentary 45 minute call.