This policy was created in order to demonstrate Bright Dials commitment to privacy and security, as well as to disclose all procedures related to information gathering and dissemination practices.
The following discloses information gathering and dissemination practices for the Bright Dials website and associated media.
We will only collect and use your information where we have lawful grounds and legitimate business reasons to do so
We will be transparent in our dealings with you and will tell you about how we will collect and use your information. If we have collected your information for a particular purpose we will not use it for anything else unless you have been informed and, where relevant, your permission obtained
- We will not ask for more information than we need for the purposes for which we are collecting itWe will update our records when you inform us that your details have changed
- We will continue to review and assess the quality of our information
- We will implement and adhere to information retention policies relating to your information and will ensure that your information is securely disposed of at the end of the appropriate retention period
- We will observe the rights granted to you under applicable privacy and data protection laws and will ensure that queries relating to privacy issues are promptly and transparently dealt with
- We will train our staff on their privacy obligations
- We will ensure we have appropriate physical and technological security measures to protect your information regardless of where it’s held
- We will ensure that when we outsource any processes the supplier has appropriate security measures in place and will require them to comply with these Privacy Principles
For the purposes of this policy, “us”, “we”, and “our” refers to www.brightdials.com and/or Bright Dials’ employees, both as representing the aforementioned website covered by this policy; “you” and “your” refers to you as an individual user of such a website.
2. Information Bright Dials gathers and uses
The majority of public information and services on our website are offered without the gathering of any personally identifiable information from you.
3. Information provided by you directly to us
At times, you may be asked to provide personally identifiable information. This information will be used to facilitate your use of Bright Dials services. Instances where you will be asked to submit personally identifiable information may include submitting an online form for registration, application, or related activities.
Please note: you will always be aware when we are gathering your personally identifiable information, as you will be entering and/or submitting that information through an online form and/or similar method.
4. If you send us personal information
In certain instances, personally identifiable information that you provide and/or have provided to certain divisions of Bright Dials , for other activities such as submitting a query form, registering for our blog, etc., may be used by us to better serve you.
In all such instances, personally identifiable information is provided and used within appropriate guidelines, and only to the extent to which it is necessary in your ability to use our websites, and/or for us to provide you with information and services.
No information, including your email address, will be sold or distributed to any other organization.
5. Your right to request or amend a copy of information held by Bright Dials about you
Under the UK Data Protection Act and GDPR you have the right, subject to certain exemptions, to obtain a copy of any personal data which we hold about you (for which we may charge you a small fee) and to have inaccuracies in the information corrected. We will use all reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. Please contact us stating your request to obtaining such information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Information gathered from you passively by us
The Bright Dials website passively gathers information about its users. Such passive gathering may not be readily noticeable, and may include, but is not be limited to: IP Address, domain from which a person accessed the Internet, individual pages accessed within Bright Dials’s website, access and session times, environmental variables such as web browser, platform, and operating system, the URL from which you came, the URL you visit when leaving. This information is gathered and analyzed to enhance our websites, detect problems, determine trends, maintain security, and overall, to assist us in improving the offering of information and services. This information is generally non-personally identifiable, however, may be combined with personally identifiable information to better provide information and services to our users.
7. Information Sharing and Disclosure
Bright Dials does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
We may provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Bright Dials under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Bright Dials communicate with you about offers from Bright Dials and our partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Bright Dials works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
8. Links to Other Sites
Bright Dials does not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy customs of such third party websites and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) protects the online privacy and personal information of children younger than 13. In compliance with this act, Bright Dials requires permission from a parent or guardian before responding to mailed or emailed requests from children younger than 13. The parent or guardian must provide his or her name and phone number as part of the child’s message to us. We then confirm permission over the phone before responding to the child’s question or comment.
To protect the loss, misuse, theft, or otherwise unauthorized accesses of personally identifiable information, as well as the overall integrity of all information and services offered, our websites and associated systems maintain stringent security measures. We take technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps to protect personally identifiable information and associated systems. We cannot guarantee that this information will never be disclosed in a manner that is inconsistent with this policy